The Lead Partner: Joint Spatial Planning Department Berlin-Brandenburg (GL)
|Joint Spatial Planning Department Berlin-Brandenburg
Unit GL 2: European Spatial Development
Dr. Ulrike Assig
Phone: +49 (0)331 866 8722
The Scandria Lead Partner (LP) is the Joint Spatial Planning Department Berlin-Brandenburg (GL). It represents the capital region Berlin-Brandenburg, a major hub in North-South and East-West transport in Central Europe. The Joint Spatial Planning Department provides the link to the projects South-North-Axis and Transitecs, both extending the Scandinavian-Adriatic Development Corridor to the south.
The GL is a joint administrative unit of the Senate Department for Urban Development Berlin (SenStadt) and the Ministry of Infrastructure and Agriculture Brandenburg (MIL). The GL has long-standing experience in leading projects within the INTERREG framework of the European Regional Development Fund.
Following units are involved:
- Joint Spatial Planning Department Berlin-Brandenburg (Unit GL 2: European Spatial Development)
- Ministry of Infrastructure and Agriculture Brandenburg (Unit MIL 40: General Transport Affairs)
- Berlin Senate Department for Urban Development (Unit SenStadt 7B: General Transport Affairs)
Partners' role in the project
As Lead Partner, the GL is managing the project and providing major communication tools. Thematic focus of GL's work are rail connections Berlin-Scandinavia, new block train services from Berlin-Brandenburg as well as future scenarios for corridor development and a political corridor campaign. In detail the GL
- devises studies in regard to infrastructure improvement along the railway line Berlin - Copenhagen and for improvement of rail ferry services (action 3.2 - SenStadt)
- conducts a business case study on the development of block trains and the bundling of goods in the capital region Berlin-Brandenburg (action 4.1 - MIL)
- elaborates scenarios and conclusions for the "Action Programme on the Development of the SCANDRIA corridor" (action 5.2 - GL)
- organizes the Policy Advisory Group, a Political Corridor Conference and a Political Corridor Campaign (action 5.3 - GL)
The GL is leader of work package 2: "Communication and information", leader of action 3.2 "Rail Transport Improvements" and leader of action 5.3: "Scandria Political Strategy".